When it comes to dressing up, wearing a blazer will never fail you. It is a versatile garment that you can wear on any occasion. Whether for a casual get-together or a formal event, a blazer will give any man a classic and polished look. If you are afraid of wearing blazers because of their wide variety in terms of colours, styles, and patterns, this article can serve as your guide.
How to Make Your Look More Casual with a Blazer
- Find a blazer made of lightweight material. A cotton blazer is best to suit a variety of looks and other casual pieces like t-shirts, jeans, or sneakers.
- The blazer must be in a soft, flexible, and relaxed style. Opt for an unstructured one to give off this feeling.
- Choose classic colours that match your skin tone.
Blazer Pairings: What Works?
- Wear it with jeans: The most common way to wear a blazer casually is to pair it with classic blue jeans. If you want to switch your classic look with a more contemporary one, go for black jeans.
- Wear it with a t-shirt: If you think wearing a t-shirt underneath will make your overall style less appealing, you might be surprised to learn that the truth is the exact opposite. A t-shirt worn with a blazer is the perfect combo. You only need to find the right fit and size to look sleek. If you want a more pleasing appearance, go after a fitted shirt. Leave it untacked for a more casual appearance.
- Wear it with shorts: Want to look relaxed but not too informal? A blazer matched with shorts is the perfect chill look, especially in the summertime.
- Wear it with a polo shirt: If you want a casual look and avoid looking too relaxed, a polo shirt will do the trick. It will give you a laid-back yet pulled-together look.
- Wear it with the right footwear: Make sure that your shoes are also casual and easy-going. Choose sneakers, loafers, sandals, or boat shoes, depending on the occasion.
Some Important Facts to Know About Blazer Hunting
- The right fit: The right blazer size depends on your body type and shape. The general rule of thumb is that its length should stop at the middle of your crotch.
- The right colour: If you need versatile blazer colours, go with neutral dark tones, such as navy and grey.
- The most important thing to consider: When buying a blazer, make sure to check the fit on the shoulders first. It should be the right size if the shoulder pads perfectly match your natural shoulders. Next, the sleeve length should ideally be one or two centimetres above the top of your hand.
Experimenting with blazers can be fun, and with confidence, you will end up with a fantastic look. The secret lies in finding the perfect blazer that fits your body and style. Use this guide to help you find the right blazer to finish off your look. In case you cannot find the ideal blazer for you, turn to bespoke clothing.
Are you looking for men's blazers? We can create one for you. DVC Fine Custom Clothing is all about creating bespoke clothing for men. We can make you a custom men's blazer using only your phone via our AI-powered body scanning technology. Contact us today to learn more.